350 filmmakers in London at the Guerrilla Film Makers Masterclass with Chris Jones
One of the reasons for attending the class was to surround myself with like-minded passionate people and use some of their energy to kick me up the arse and make that big film I've been talking about for over 3 years now. I came away feeling that anything was possible and committed to start working on that film.
Here are my 12 Actions:
- Commit to making that movie… the one I've been talking about for 3 years.
- Start using twitter - I've been signed up for a year or so, but I've never really got it. So from now on I'm going to stop making excuses and start tweeting.
- Get some script formatting software to write the drama scenes.
- Plan a kick starter campaign.
- Recruit collaborators for my big movie
- Speak to my friend about story-boarding my film
- Read: Think Outside the Box Office
- Read: Power, Money, Sex and Fame
- Read: The Hero's Journey
- Recruit a mentor to assist me on my own 'hero's Journey'.
- Sort all my comm's channels out - get virtual fax number, check answer phone messages, add all channels to email signature.
- Work for free on some drama shoots.
Finally, I think one of the biggest messages from the weekend was 'Just do it'. Chris said and I quote, "There are no excuses, [for not making that movie]... all those excuses are bollocks!"
"...all those excuses are bollocks!" Chris Jones
One person who is not making any excuses is Justin Tagg, his new Sci-Fi film 'Mouse' is going into production in April, check out their crowd funding campaign here.